On Monday, May 6th, 2013 at Lincoln Center in New York City; Deemed “the Oscars of the food world,” by Time magazine Chef Colby Garrelts was awarded the country’s most coveted honor for chefs; food and beverage professionals; broadcast media, journalists, and authors working on food; and restaurant architects and designers. For more information about the James Beard Awards go to www.jamesbeard.org
This season the team at rye has started growing a garden for the restaurant just beyond our front doors.
Look for many of these items cut fresh and prepared on our menus
– The herbs are: parsley, salad burnet, sorrel, basil, chives, dill, thyme, sage, and oregano.
The vegetable boxes are:
- kale: dinosaur, red russian, and ripbor
- head lettuce: romaine, buttercrunch, and mottistone
- beets: merlin, chioggia, red ace, blankoma, and bulls blood
- rainbow swiss chard
- turnips, carrots, radishes: rainbow and laguna carrots, easter egg, d'avignon, and black spanish radishes, and purple top white globe turnips
- leaf lettuce: tango oakleaf, red saladbowl oakleaf, firecraker, black seeded simpson, parris island romaine, sylvetta, and arugula
- peppers: carmen sweet peppers, anchos, fresnos, cayennes, and habeneros